Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Two Crazy Kiddies - Bo Bunny & My Creative Sketches

So. This post is going to be short and sweet with terrible picture quality for now. It is well past my bed time!
Tonight I created my third ever double page layout of my two crazy kiddies on a shopping trip to Kmart. My previous two-pagers have had varying success, the first was certainly not a masterpiece, in fact I don't think I ever completely finished it, and the second was picked up and published in the American magazine Scrapbook and Cards Today.

2 Crazy Kiddies

The photos are from a shopping trip to Kmart wear these beanies were just screaming to be worn! I couldn't help myself and popped one on each and snapped some quick pics. I am a very indecisive person so shopping trips can drag out a bit but doing silly lil things like this help keep the kiddos happy, well... tolerable.
The title and journalling are more about shopping trips in general and other silly things I do to while they are in the trolley to ward off tears and tantrums.
This page combines two sketch challenges.


The first page is from My Creative Sketches September Sketch and looks like the above. Can you see the resemblance? It was the Bo Bunny - Our Lil Monster 'Rawr' paper which married these photos with this sketch for me.


The second page was based on the Bo Bunny September Sketch challenge. I loved this sketch as circles are an element that I rarely use but know they create great effects.


I used only the Bo Bunny Our Lil Monsters collection for this page. I have wanted it since its reveal but could not find it until a holiday trip which just so happened to drive directly past a scrapbook store! Yay.


The few times I have created a double page layout I insist on putting embellishments over the page split to help unify them and to make my life more difficult this time I did so with a banner.


 Each letter has been fussy cut from the All Star paper then stuck over the string.


An assortment of fitting words have been stuck near the two separate photos.


That is all for now.
I will be back again with better pictures when the sun is high and I have had a reasonable amount of coffee!
XoXoX Nicole

6 comments:

  1. Wow both layout's look AWESOME Nicole...they way you have used this cute collection is amazing thank you so much for playing with us at BoBunny ❤ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work using the sketch from My Creative Scrapbook.. Thank you for joining us Awesome pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my all time favourite that you have made Nic! I love the bright colours and who can deny how adorable these two are? You have captured a moment that you can now treasure forever. Love their cheeky smiles. Bordering the photos in yellow has really accentuated the page. I think I could look at this layout all day! Fantastic job. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created a two page layout with the sketch. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!What a wonderful take on the sketch.Thank you for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete